Jennifer McCall Staab, registered dental hygienist at Maple Park Dental Associates, speaks to the dental assisting class at North Platte Community College.
Staab talked about periodontal disease and treatment. She is one of several professionals from local dental offices who has shared her expertise with NPCC dental assisting students this semester.
Other speakers and the subjects they discussed include:
• Pharmacology in dentistry – Kelly Franzen, dental assistant at Maple Park Dental Associates
• Pediatric dentistry – Dr. Jonathan Simpson, pediatric dentist at Pediatric Dental Specialists
• Orthodontics – Dr. Mary Beth Meier, orthodontist at Hoppens and Meier Orthodontics
• Dental implants – Dr. Ben Lashley, dentist at Maple Park Dental Associates
• Endodontics – Dr. David Meier, endodontist at Western Nebraska Endodontics